Everybody’s Different: The Appearance Game aims to help children understand that differences in appearance are normal and there’s more to who we are than just how we look. The game uses discussion based questions, as well as activities to explore thoughts and feelings around body image, appearance and differences.
Playing the game creates a relaxed environment where children feel comfortable to discuss issues explored within the game, such as:
- Body confidence and positive body image
- Visible differences (disfigurement)
- 'Body talk'
- Appearance-related bullying
- Appearance ideals in the media
- Putting appearance into perspective